SOME / ANY


We use A/AN (articles) with singular countable nouns.
We use SOME and ANY with plural nouns and uncountable nouns.
Some is generally used in positive sentences. Example: I have some friends in London.
Any is generally used in negative sentences and questions. Example: Do you have any pets? No, I don’t have any pets.
But some is used in the following questions:
1. When we offer something. Example: Would you like some tea?
2. When we ask for something. Example: Can I have some milk please?
3. When we suggest something. Example: Why don't we do some sports?

 Write some senteces with A, AN, THE, SOME and ANY

Comments

  1. I am a good student.
    She is a young woman.

    It is an old university.
    He is an unusual man.

    You spilled some milk.
    I need to buy some books.

    Do you have any pets?
    There aren’t any apples left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your career in the state of New York, Henry.
      Patrick is a gentleman and the light of my life.

      Delete
  2. She is a very good person.
    He was a good painter.

    There is an apple in te kitchen.
    It is an old building.

    The library is over there.
    The school is not very big.

    Do you have some cake?
    I am going out for some fresh air.

    Is there any sugar?
    I don't have any homework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write some senteces with A, AN, THE, SOME and ANY

    A man has fallen in to the river.

    There are some cats bothering the baby.

    The dog is less agile than the cat.

    A man has been scared by a kid

    is there any love left for me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUBJECT PRONOUNS

COLOURS

SEASONS OF THE YEAR